Welcome to the Counseling Center!
College is a time of transition, reflection, change and growth. The Counseling Center provides a safe place for students to talk to professional counselors about a variety of personal issues. And all of our services are free and confidential.
Counselors are licensed in their respective mental health fields and are experienced in assisting students with the unique challenges that college students may face. We honor diversity of culture, color, religion, gender identity, size and disabilities. Counselors partiticipate in the SafeZone program. Additionally, t he Counseling Center offers consultation and referral services to faculty and staff.
The Meredith College Counseling Center provides the following services:
- Individual, short-term counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Psychological consultation
- Resources and referral
- Disability Services
Counseling Center/Disability Services Mission
The Counseling Center/Disability Services is committed to providing confidential, culturally-competent and evidence-based counseling and disability services to students. Our philosophy encourages students’ empowerment, the development of individual strengths, greater independence, and
Counseling Center/Disability Services Learning Outcomes
Students utilizing the Counseling Center/Disability Services will:
- counseling and/or disability services to identify individual goals towards positive change.
- report improvement of presenting problem(s).
- identify and utilize support resources and crisis services
- understand and follow policy and procedures to access counseling and/or disability services
- demonstrate self advocacy with an understanding of their rights and responsibilities
- demonstrate greater independence
Counseling Center/Disability Services
208 Carroll Hall
3800 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607