What We Do
My tutor is very professional and thorough, but does not do the work for you. She makes sure you understand what is going on.
The Learning Center IS:
- An academic support program for all Meredith College students
- A free service staffed by students who are trained to assist their peers
- A service for students who need supplementary instruction in English, writing, grammar, mathematics and other subjects that vary by semester
- A safe place for students to explore and develop ideas
- A service that offers subject specific tutoring in 100 and 200 level courses. Writing tutors work with students writing papers for any course, regardless of level.
The Learning Center IS NOT:
- Strictly a remedial service — collaborative learning benefits all students
- A fix-it shop where a tutor will “proofread” or “check homework”
- A substitute for attending class or completing assignments