Meredith College takes seriously the need to provide a campus that is as safe as possible. Campus safety is a shared responsibility for all Meredith community members. Each student, faculty or staff member must assume the responsibility for his or her own personal safety.
Reporting Accidents: All on-the-job injuries must be reported to your supervisor or the Office of Human Resources immediately, no matter how minor they may seem.
Meredith’s campus safety resources include:
- Campus Police: Campus Police officers provide 24-hour patrol service to the campus and is responsible for crime reports, initial investigations, coordinating fire and emergency services, traffic accident reports and other public safety services. Their office can be reached by calling (919) 760-8888. Campus Police website.
- MC Alert: The MC Alert system allows Meredith to convey time-sensitive information within minutes, through a single phone call. Meredith College can schedule, send and track personalized voicemail, email and text messages to students, faculty and staff. In order to receive MC Alerts, you must sign up for the service via Web Advisor. Visit www.meredith.edu/mcalert for more information.
- Campus Alarm Warning System: Meredith has a siren warning system that allows the College to issue warnings for incidents involving safety and security issues. This system has both alarm and voice warning capability. Click here for more information.
- Inclement Weather Hotline: In the event of inclement weather, members of Meredith’s Senior Management Team will make decisions relating to the closure of the college or to the cancellation of classes. Decisions will then be announced via the Inclement Weather Hotline, (919) 832-8878.
Other Campus Security Information
- CamCards: All employees of Meredith College are issued a CamCard as a picture ID. Employees are encouraged to carry their card with them as proof they are authorized to be on campus. CamCards are issue by Campus Police.
- Parking Decals: All employees are issued parking decals by Campus Police. Parking passes are required for all visitors.
- Campus Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Sex Crimes Act Information