How To Archive Files Stored in Digital Locker
This step-by-step process will help you with removing stored documents in Digital Locker. This process also can be viewed in a video.
- Login to Digital Locker using Microsoft Internet Explorer. If you have trouble accessing your account, call the Technology Services Helpdesk at x2323 to reset your password.
- Once logged in, click the Web Folder icon located on the toolbar at the top of the Digital Locker window.
- A new Windows Explorer window will open listing the contents of your Digital Locker directory.
- From the new window, click a directory or file that you want to archive and drag it to your desktop or another location on your computer. It may be helpful to open a second Windows Explorer window before you complete initiate the drag and drop.
- Once files have been copied to your computer, verify that all the files you want to archive are there.
- In Digital Locker, it is now safe to remove items that have been archived. Simply click the red X beside the item to delete it from your file listing.
- Once all items have been placed in the trash, you can either click the Empty Trash icon on the left side navigation or simply click the red X beside the trash can in the file listing area. You will be asked to verify the deletion - click Yes if you are ready to remove the files from your Digital Locker account.
- Once items have been archived and deleted, you may log out of your Digital Locker account.