Meredith College is pleased to be able to offer several excellent scholarships in music, with awards ranging from $500 to $7,500 per year. Each of these scholarships, which may be combined with other academic scholarships or additional financial aid, is renewable for four years.
If you are an entering freshman who intends to major in music, we encourage you to compete for one of Meredith's attractive music scholarships. The following scholarships are offered each year to entering freshman music majors:
Excellence in Music Scholarship
Mary Perry Beddingfield Scholarship
Fowls Family Scholarship
Robert H. Lewis Scholarship
Adelaide Sink—Dorothy Sink Sykes Scholarship
Music Talent Scholarships
To Qualify for a Music Scholarship:
- You must be admitted to Meredith College;
- You must complete a Talent Scholarship Application, including an essay stating your goals and a letter of reference from a music professional familiar with your work in music; and
- You must audition for the music faculty on February 17, 2013.
- To receive a scholarship you must major in music.
- To retain a scholarship you must maintain at least a 3.0 grade-point average on all music courses taken at Meredith, and fulfill all requirements for music majors, including those in your specific applied study.
Meredith College does not discriminate in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs or in access to its programs and activities on the basis of race, creed, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, gender, age or disability.