Service to the Profession
Of Interest to Students
Engineering Dual Degree Program
Undergraduate Research Courses
Students work with a faculty member to develop a research project.
- CS 299 and MAT 299 Introduction to Research (1-3 hours credit)
- Open only to Freshmen and Sophomores
- CS 498 and MAT 498 Honors Thesis (3 hours credit)
- Open only to Honors Students and Teaching Fellows
- Register in the spring of the junior year (for those who are licensure students) or fall of the senior year
- A year-long research project
- CS 499 and MAT 499 Undergraduate Research (1-3 hours credit)
- Open only to Juniors and Seniors
Department Oral Communication Rubrics
Summer Research Programs
Students may be involved in eight to ten week research programs at university across the country. Students are provided with housing and a stipend for the summer.