Service to the Profession
Of Interest to Students
Engineering Dual Degree Program
Mentoring, Service, and Professional Involvement
- AWM Workshop Director, 2010-present.
SAMSI Interdisciplinary Undergraduate Coordinator, 2009-present
- Committee Member, AWM SIAM Workshop Committee, 2008-present. (Committee Chair for 2009 workshop)
- Committee Member, AWM Meetings and Programs Committee, 2008-present.
- Workshop Chair, SAMSI/CRSC Undergraduate Workshop, Research Triangle Park and Raleigh, North Carolina, May 18-23, 2008.
- Organizer/Mentor, SAMSI/CRSC Undergraduate Workshop, Research Triangle Park and Raleigh, North Carolina, May 29-June 3, 2005; May 21-26, 2006; May 20-25, 2007.
- Committee Member, SAMSI Committee on Education and Outreach, July 2004 - present.
Session Chair, SIAM Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, July, 2006.
- Mentor, Preparing Future Faculty Program at Duke University, 2002-2003, 2005-2006.
- Mentor Recruiter, AWM Workshop at SIAM Annual Meeting, July 2004, July 2005.
- AWM Workshop Mentor, AWM Workshop at SIAM Annual Meeting, July 2003, July 2004, July 2005, July 2006.
- Guest Researcher, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, 2003-2005.
- Minisymposium Organizer, SIAM Conference on the Life Sciences held in conjunction with the SIAM Annual Meeting, July 2004.
- Organizing Committee Member, SAMSI/CRSC Undergraduate Workshop, Research Triangle Park and Raleigh, North Carolina, May 30-June 4, 2004.
- Minisymposium Organizer, SIAM Annual Meeting, June 2003.
- Mentor for Women and Math Mentoring Program, 2001-2002.
- Facilitator for peer group presentations for the New Teaching Assistant Workshop held as part of the Mathematics Teaching Assistant Training Program, August 15-16, 2000.
- Workshop Presenter for the Expanding Your Horizons Program (for middle school girls) sponsored by The Science House, March 9, 1999; March 14, 2000; March 13, 2001; March 12, 2002.