Hurricane Preparedness Tips
• Make sure to have cash on hand for food and for minor emergencies.
• Make sure to have a full tank of gas. Carpool to safe locations.
• Make sure a friend or family member is aware of your location if you need to relocate.
• Stocking up on emergency supplies in advance can add to your safety and comfort during and after a hurricane. Store enough supplies for at least three days, preferably seven days, in one place. Essentials include:
• Avoid driving during and immediately after a hurricane. Do not drive into flooded areas. Even a small amount of water in the roadway can damage your car or cause injury.
• Know what a hurricane WATCH and hurricane WARNING mean:
WRAL Hurricane Survival Checklist: www.wral.com
Wake County Emergency Management: www.wakegov.com/emergency/em.htm
Federal Emergency Management Agency: www.fema.gov
American Red Cross:www.redcross.org