Meredith College Retiree Package
Eligibility: Must be an officially recognized retired employee of the College. Retired employee is defined to be an employee who voluntarily terminates employment with the College, in good standing, and who is at least 60 years old and has at least 12 years of full time, non-temporary employment with the College.
Where fees apply, retiree will be charged the same amount, or receive same discount, as current faculty and staff unless otherwise stated. Retiree CamCard required for discounts/access to some options.
All benefit options are offered at the discretion of the College and may be modified, rescinded or denied at any time.
Retiree Perk Package:
- Awarded $100 at retirement for each recognized year of full-time service
- Medical Spending Fund, based on years of service (see policy)
- E-mail access through Retiree Listserve (sign up below!)
- Receipt of Retiree CamCard
- Receipt of Retiree Parking Pass
- Access to Library (limited loan and online research privileges)
- Access to events (plays, sporting, speakers, etc. that faculty / staff may attend)
- Participation in WOW! wellness program - $40 per year / limited gym hours - please contact Susan Drury-Rohner at email@example.com
- Free CAT Bus Transportation (Go-pass card required as of 7/1/13)
-Dine in Belk at the current Staff/Faculty Rate
-Access to Computer Classes through Technology Services (as offered / space available)
- Access to Classes through the Tuition Remission program
Are you a current retiree of Meredith College? If so, we invite you to join the Retiree Listserve to help you stay connected with happenings on campus and with each other, as well as pertinent information regarding benefit updates. To participate, please send your non-Meredith email address to Alana Etter at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the listserve. You’ll be able to send the group emails, as well as receive them from the campus community.