- M.S. in Nutrition
- Dietetic Internship
- Didactic Program in Dietetics
Become a Registered Dietitian
Educational and Professional Requirements
To become qualified as a registered dietitian the following requirements must be met:
- Enroll in a CADE/ADA accredited didactic program in dietetics (DPD)
- Complete the DPD program and obtain a bachelor's degree in dietetics with the verification statement
- Apply to a CADE/ADA-accredited dietetic internship (DI)
- Complete the DI program and receive the verification statement.
- Apply for registration eligibility with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Receive a passing score on the national registration examination for dietitians administered by CDR
- Maintain R.D. credentials by completing continuing professional educational requirements.
Source: The American Dietetic Association. "Educational and Professional Requirements" Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of The American Dietetic Association (ADA).