The Department of Facilities Services includes 45 workers skilled in mechanical and building trades, grounds, housekeeping and general services. Our efforts are coordinated through the Service Response Center (SRC) and directed by our management staff. Our goal is to be as effective as possible by providing quality service in conjunction with the most efficient use of college resources. Accurate and ongoing two-way communication is fundamental to our success.
To support the College’s mission of educating women to excel by creating and maintaining a physical environment that provides a safe, positive and supportive atmosphere of learning for students, faculty and staff. We anticipate, develop and provide the most effective support services, responsive to campus requirements. We foster a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, empowerment and innovation.
What We Do
- operate the central plant
- maintain and repair buildings and facilities
- provide upkeep of the utility/ roads infrastructure
- care for and maintain grounds
- maintain an inviting and sanitary environment
- help to plan and implement future upgrades
- develop statements of work for proposals or bid requests
- manage contractors doing construction, maintenance and cleaning on campus
- provide event support for college events and outside rentals
- assess and recommend campus improvements and projects
- plan, implement and manage campus projects
How We Work
The department provides quality, timely and cost-effective service to the Meredith Community based on the following principles:
- All community members will be treated fairly, with respect, and courtesy
- The Service Response Center will serve as an advocate for the community
- The Department's activities will seek to reallocate resources from daily service to planned maintenance and to conserve energy
- Projects will be designed and executed to the highest standards possible
Hours of Operation
The SRC is staffed between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday except holidays. After these hours and on weekends Campus Police (ext. 8888) will assist you in obtaining emergency service.
Service hours vary by department as follows:
Grounds: 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Housekeeping: 1st Shift- 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2nd Shift- 2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Maintenance: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Service Response Center, Office and Stockroom: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.