Mission & Services
Sponsored Programs is committed to promoting the mission and goals of Meredith College by enhancing faculty research, scholarship, and collaboration. This office will strive to set up mechanisms and procedures to facilitate the colleges acquisition as well as the administration of grants so that all academic areas can compete for academic grants and fellowships.
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is a resource for faculty; providing information and assistance in the grant seeking process. Enhanced searching capabilities for grants will be made more accessible to faculty. Assistance in the identification of corporation, foundation and government agencies that support specific funding will be provided. The Director of Sponsored Programs will be involved in facilitating the faculty at all stages of grant seeking and grant administration.
Once a faculty member has developed a concept or project, the Director of Sponsored Programs will be able to assist the faculty member in grant acquisition by:
- seeking granting agencies that would support such project
- informing faculty of due dates and deadlines
- assisting faculty in grant application and requirement interpretation
- preparing the grant section that addresses institutional information
- editing grant application
- being a source for grant writing tips
- providing grant guides and forms to facilitate communication on campus
- maintaining a faculty grants website
- supervising grants administration (reporting, compliance, budget management)
- coordinating efforts between faculty and Institutional Advancement