Programs of Study
- B.S. in Chemistry
Career Tracks: [Biochemistry] [Dentistry] [Medicine] [Pharmacy]
- B.A. in Chemistry
Career Tracks: [Allied Health Sciences] [Dentistry] [Medicine]
- Engineering Dual Degree
- Minors: Chemistry, Chemical Physics, and Geoscience
B.S. in Chemistry
Sixty-two hours are required of students wishing to obtain a B.S. in chemistry. Our students
The B.S. in chemistry has more specific requirements than the B.A. degree. The B.S. in Chemistry is excellent preparation for a career in chemical or pharmaceutical industries, graduate studies in chemistry, biochemistry, or material science, as well as a variety of health-related career tracks including dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, and veterinary science.
B.A. in Chemistry
Forty-six hours are required of students wishing to obtain a B.A. in chemistry. Our students
The B.A. in Chemistry is designed to allow maximum flexibility. Students will acquire a braod base of knowledge and critical thinking skills that will allow them to pursue career paths requiring a good foundation in chemistry. This degree is an excellent option for students seeking a second major, professional studies, or teacher licensure.
Minors in Chemistry, Chemical Physics or Geoscience
Students minoring in chemistry, chemical physics or geoscience
- develop a knowledge of scientific discovery and process;
- improve their ability to reason and critically analyze evidence and support for information;
- become scientifically literate in one or more of the disciplines in the department (astronomy, chemistry, physics, or geoscience); and,
- become scientifically literate in one or more of the disciplines in the department (astronomy, chemistry, physics, or geoscience).