Students have access to high-end equipment typically not available to undergraduates.
Each full-time faculty member in the sciences has access to an individual research lab, dedicated specifically to ongoing student-faculty research projects.
Analytical & Physical Chemistry
Analytical Balance Room
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
An Organic Chemistry Lab features an open design and numerous fume hoods to allow students to work safely with volatile organic chemicals. Chemistry Students also have access to a 300 MHz nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer, an instrument that provides detailed information about the structure of complex molecules.
Equipment and Instrumentation available in teaching and research laboratories:
- Analytical balances
- Infrared spectrophotometers (dispersive)
- Infrared spectrophotometers (Fourier Transform)
- UV-visible spectrophotometers
- Magnetic susceptibility balance
- Gas Chromatograph/Mass spectrometer
- Raman spectrometer
- Flame photometer
- pH meters
- Solution calorimeter
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer
- Geiger counters
- High performance liquid chromatograph
- Two 8" Celestron telescopes, Nextar 8i with 203mm (8 inch) Schmidt-Cassegrain refractors
- 10" Cave Astrola telescope
- 8" Dobsonian telescope with solar filter
- Gas chromatograph