Academic and career planning involves finding a fit between who you are and the environment that suits you. The first step is to assess your interest, skills, values, and personality. Career decision making is a lifelong process, choosing a major is the first of many decisions. One’s success depends on how well you are able to understand and implement your career identity.
Assessments will help you:
- Form preliminary career goals based on your improved self understanding
- Increase your awareness of the expanded options in majors and careers
- Improve your chances of career success by considering appropriate options
- Articulate your strengths and interests in your cover letter, interviews, etc.
To take an assessment
At your follow-up appointment, your counselor will interpret your profile and you will receive a personalize report.
- Make an appointment with a counselor at 919-760-8341 to discuss your needs.
- Pay fee if applicable (cash or check to Meredith College).
- Receive the access information.
- Take the online assessment (anytime/any place). Takes about 25 – 30 minutes to complete.
- Your results are sent to ACP.